Binational Fulbright Commission in Egypt, (1stAug 2018 – 31stAug 2018) – PROGRAMS INTERN
- Created detailed statistical reports for 2 fellowship programs, detailing the outreach of the programs, the diversity, and areas of specialisation of applicants.
- Assisted in the organization of more than 500 applications for a professional non-degree program.
- Contributed to the initial review process of more than 150 applications.
Nestle, (1stJul 2018 – 31stJul 2018) – KEY ACCOUNTS SALES INTERN
- Gathered and analysed local market competitor’s products and utilized this information to recognize market opportunities for growth.
- Got recognized in supporting the processing of a complete order from one of the major supermarkets in Egypt.
- Reached out to key clients to ensure the implementation of an efficient sales cycle to achieve constant profitable revenue growth.
WasilaDev., (Jul 2017 – Aug 2017) – CUSTOMER SERVICE & CORPORATE SALES CONSULTANT INTERN
- Implemented customer centric strategies whilst targeting contacts within multiple diverse sectors (tourism, educational, and sports).
- Developed and maintained lasting relationships with new and existing customers through interpersonal skills and a consultative approach to solving their business problems.
- Maintained robust knowledge and awareness of the brand and services provided.
- Built customer-focused business scenarios to depict possible business challenges and their corresponding unique solutions.
- Utilized an online CRM software (ZOHO) to log and report daily sales activities.
MICROECONOMICS TUTOR AT UNIVERSITY, (Feb 2017 – Apr 2017)
- Taught the sophisticated microeconomics syllabus to a first year University of St Andrews student.
- Led, directed, and motivated him on numerous occasions to ensure success in university, assignments and Economics exams.
- Coherently answered questions asked by student, and presented useful tools and tips to excel in the microeconomics course.
Vodafone, (May 2016 – Jul 2016) – CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT – FIRST LINE TECHNICAL TEAM
- Handled on average 15 customer queries daily and coordinated with experienced team leader to ensure the best form of care and technical support.
- Liaised with a team of 20 technical agents to reflect, discuss and solve mutual challenges that were faced during the shift.
- Motivated team members, and presented key topics including ‘dialects in UK and Ireland’ to better familiarize agents with the culture of customers in the UK.
- Utilized an online CRM software (SIEBEL) to troubleshoot, and solve customer’s inquiry and to log and report daily activities.
The Hague International Model United Nations (THIMUN), (December 2013- Jan 2014) – HEAD ADMINISTRATION TEAM
- Supervised and directed 4 admin staff members in the preparation of the facility for meetings, presentations and speeches.
- Coordinated with multinational speakers to facilitate the presentations and content being delivered.
- Interacted with international participants and speakers to provide an outstandingly comforting and hospitable environment
University of St Andrews (2015 – 2019) – Master of Arts (MA), Economics and Middle East Studies
Modules taken included:
- Mathematics for Economists (18.5/20)
- Decision and Game Theory (19.1/20)
- Statistics for Economists (16.9/20)
- Financial Economics: Asset Pricing (16.1/20)
- Enterprise and Creativity (16/20)
- Financial Economics: Corporate Finance (16.4/20)
- The Early Modern Western World (c. 1450 – c. 1770) (15.7/20)
University of St Andrews (2018/19) – German Beginner Level A1 (18/20)
University of St Andrews (2015/16) – Russian Beginner (15/20)
Qatar Academy (2004 – 2015) – Bilingual International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma (38 points)
- Higher Level English A Language and Literature (6/7)
- Higher Level History Europe/Middle East (5/7)
- Higher Level Biology (6/7)
- Standard Level Mathematics (7/7)
- Standard Level Arabic A Language and Literature (6/7)
- Standard Level Sports Exercise and Health Science (7/7)
- Extended Essay History + Theory of Knowledge: Additional 1 point
- Enjoy partaking innovative training programs that develop both the body and mind.
- Played football at multiple levels during school and university.
- Qatar Academy Junior Varsity (2010-2012) & Varsity Teams (2012-2014)
- Evolution Soccer Club – First Team (2011-2014)
- University of St Andrews’ Futsal 1st Team – (2017-2019)
- Top scorer for university team in 2017/18 season.
- Participated in National League (Scottish Futsal League) and in British Universities and College Sports (BUCS) cup for 2017/18 and 2018/19 season.
- Fair Play award for 2017/2018 & 2018/2019.
Favourite Books that I Have Read:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Black Box Thinking: The Surprising Truth About Success by Mathew Syed
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell